Engagement Lead, Middle East
*Bu ilan yalnızca İngilizce yayınlanmaktadır
ATÖLYE (founded in 2013) is a community-powered creative services organization that provides services to both clients and creative professionals globally. ATÖLYE consists of a Strategic Design Studio, an Academy, a Creative Hub, and a Ventures arm.
ATÖLYE’s Strategic Design Studio works with companies to design and implement strategic solutions to the complex challenges they face. The Academy offers learning programs that equip individuals and teams with skills in creative leadership, radical collaboration, and systemic design. The Ventures arm offers enterprise entrepreneurship programs through business modeling, and finally, the Creative Hub creates the environment for each of these components to interact by fostering a community of over 150+ multi-disciplinary creatives who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective (kyu.com), a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward
Our “Guiding Principles”
We curate diligently so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors but they share one important trait: An insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We are invested in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the ATÖLYE Community
We are a community-centric organization. This means that our approach spearheads community-centered thinking in design and gravitates around the notion of an individual’s journey in relation to a community. Every ATÖLYE team member, by default, is an ATÖLYE community member.
Once you are a team member, you will be part of the ATÖLYE Community that consists of creative individuals and teams who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work while having the opportunity to participate in community events, rituals, and social activities.
About the job – Lead, New Engagements
ATÖLYE is an organization with the purpose of creating positive impact in the world by engaging a curated and diverse pool of clients and partners. To this end, in our partnerships, we seek to tackle systemic problems and transformative projects and programs.
The Engagement Lead is a relatively new role within the ATÖLYE team and ecosystem albeit a crucial one to bring to life our guiding principles of curation and growth.
As part of this role, working hand-in-hand with the rest of the team, you will seek out and sense the potential areas of impact that ATÖLYE can play a part in. This includes identifying new clients and partners whose purpose and ambitions are aligned with ours. On a daily basis, this means starting conversations around systemic design challenges with key partners, responding to RFPs that are aligned with our impact framework, following through with engagement processes and masterfully handing over the project relationship to the project teams, and providing direction for new engagement across the organization.
This is a pivotal role for the future of ATÖLYE and for the positive mark that we will leave in the world.
- Undertaking the sourcing, initiating, deepening, and refining of client engagements and new business development leads in the Middle East markets for ATÖLYE (with a core focus in the UAE market).
- Managing the inflow and the crafting of responses to inbound RFPs/RFQs, acting as the central point of contact and the owner of all new incoming client inquiries.
- Working with fellow members of ATÖLYE’s “Engagement Circle” as well as other ATÖLYE leaders to streamline and standardize the new engagement and business development processes, including project scoping approaches, teaming practices, and budgeting efforts.
- Establishing new relationships in the UAE in the private and government sectors, sharing ATÖLYE’s offerings and capabilities as well as its guiding principles and long-term vision.
- Attending new client meetings and engaging other leads/directors within ATÖLYE as needed, following up on meetings, leading the production of project proposals along with an extended team, and presenting to/discussing with the right parties.
- 8-10 years of professional experience in the services, consulting, or sales sectors with a proven track record of new business development and sales.
- A solid understanding of engagement & business development practices in the services and consulting domain (including project scoping, teaming, pricing, negotiating).
- Masterful storytelling acumen with an appreciation for human-centered design, community-driven organizations, and purpose-driven businesses.
- Comfortable working in a feedback culture with excellent collaboration skills in managing multiple leads and client accounts simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Arabic language skills are most welcome but not mandatory.
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, meal card. year-end bonus
The regular office location for this position is ATÖLYE’s Dubai’s space in the Emirates Towers. For this role specifically, travel and site visits to potential clients is required.
Throughout the entire job application process, ATÖLYE does not discriminate against individuals directly or indirectly based on language, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parenthood, childcare, age, HIV status, disability, political opinion, philosophical belief, religion and sect, or similar reasons. ATÖLYE provides suitable working conditions obligating employees to behave equally among teammates and complies with the principle of equality which is embedded in its organizational policy.
Engagement Lead, Middle East