Venue Operations Associate
ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization that embeds an award-winning Strategic Design Studio and an Academy within a Vibrant Creative Hub. Founded in Istanbul in 2014, ATÖLYE champions a new model for the creative services industry— a “membrane organization” that is fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and permeability of its system.
While the Strategic Design Studio tackles wicked problems in the fields of design, architecture, technology and innovation, the Creative Hub houses a community of 150+ practitioners who come together in a shared space to learn from one another, connect with fellow creatives, and collaborate on impactful projects.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined kyu, a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
We curate so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes and colors but they share one important trait: an insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We invest in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About ATÖLYE Dubai
After completing several projects in the UAE with clients such as EXPO 2020, Dubai Future Foundation, Prime Minister’s Office and Palmwood, ATÖLYE has decided to launch its second Creative Hub and Studio in Dubai, with the aim of growing a purpose-driven community for creatives and innovators in the region. Our small but nimble Dubai team is working hard to prepare for the official launch of the ATÖLYE Dubai space and creative community in Emirates Towers, set to launch in March 2021.
About the Position — Venue Operations Associate – Dubai
Our venue is at the heart of our activities and interactions. Welcoming the demands of a very dynamic and diverse space requires impeccable coordination and communication skills. At ATÖLYE, we put tremendous effort into the effectiveness of our venue services and all of the activities involving them. As an intersection point, working space, and the center of our hospitality, we give great importance to the functionality, creativity, and efficiency of our venue operations.
The role of the Venue Operations Manager is to set up, implement and maintain all venue-related systems and operations, including management of utilities, procurement, maintenance, technology, and IT to ensure that the ATOLYE space remains a bright and functional environment for the team, community members and partners.
- Managing the needs of ATÖLYE’s daily venue operations and taking the necessary actions (purchasing, renovation, repair, and all routine daily venue work) in order to meet these needs
- Setting up the operational structure of the venue operations and experience of ATOLYE Dubai space (infrastructure, procurement, vendors, IT)
- Liaising between ATOLYE and building/landlord management for permits, legalities and operational structures.
- Identifying and meeting spatial needs before, during, and after the activities and events organized at ATÖLYE, preparing activity reports when it’s necessary; planning, supplying and reporting and organizing venue needs
- Communicating with stakeholders, suppliers, and other third parties regarding operational issues
- Evaluating and managing space and infrastructure-relate requests from community members
- Managing & maintaining procurement contracts with relevant vendors in coordination with the financial team
- Managing inventory of supplies such as pantry, office supplies and general venue supplies
- Managing the budget of venue-related expenses
- Being responsible for ATÖLYE’s equipment and storage area and keeping track of inventory
- Giving tours of the venue and representing the ATOLYE brand in the UAE
- Ensuring the cleanliness and orderliness of the space on a daily basis by coordinating the vendors and third-party service providers.
- 2-5 years of experience in physical venue management, F&B and/or hospitality
- Willing to be physically present in Dubai for the role
- Willing to interact with and proactively approach anyone who enters the ATÖLYE space
- Strong communication skills, tendency and being comfortable to receive and give feedback
- Strong follow-up and coordination skills
- Ability to multitask and deliver work according to project timelines
- Enthusiastic about teamwork
- Advanced level of spoken English
- Flexible work schedule depending on event hours
- Proficiency in Google for Work and MS Office
Preferred skills and qualities
- Ability to set up and use audio/visual systems such as microphones, projectors, speakers, presentation tools)
- Basic skills in visual design and presentation software
- Basic photography skills
- Arabic Language skills are a plus
What makes you an ideal culture fit:
You are a proactive person who is always eager to learn new skills. When faced with a new challenge, you apply your research skills and care to figure it out, although you’re humble enough to ask for help when needed.
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to work in an agile, startup-like team within an established, well-recognized organization
- Opportunity to operate a space in a renowned location in the epicenter of the governmental and financial district of Dubai.
- Chance to co-create an inspiring, dynamic and interdisciplinary community of creative practitioners in the MENA region
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
Venue Operations Associate