Venue Operations Assistant
ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization with an award-winning Strategic Design Studio nested within a Creative Hub. Based in bomontiada, a historical beer factory, ATÖLYE fosters a fluid talent curation model that consists of a 150-person community. ATÖLYE’s work encompasses all facets of creative consulting including strategy, design, architecture, and technology. It provides these services through a unique modern network of practitioners.
Fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and the permeability of the whole system, ATÖLYE explores a new model for the creative services industry—one that may be called a “membrane organization.” With this system, ATÖLYE is able to offer a wide range of capabilities to its clients, all of which are centered around the core mission of addressing wicked problems and creating a positive impact.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective (kyu.com). kyu is a collective of strategically curated creative businesses whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
- Having ownership on ATÖLYE’s venue and all its processes while ensuring its day to day operations
- Designing the first step of the experience of the community members, partners, event guests, and all other visitors who spend time at ATÖLYE’s venue
- Execution and follow-up of venue-related event operations at ATÖLYE
- Determining and organizing venue needs before and after the events in coordination with the ATÖLYE team and third-party suppliers
- Setting up and maintaining the technical equipment needed for events
- Setting up the venue and all its modular elements according to the needs of the events
- Determining, planning, supplying, and reporting for all venue needs (workshop materials, catering etc.) according to the event calendar
- Being responsible for ATÖLYE’s equipment and the storage area and keeping track of the inventory
- Producing and applying instant and creative solutions for topics related to the venue and operations
Desired Qualifications and Experiences
- Willing to interact and proactively approach everyone who enter the ATÖLYE space
- Strong verbal and written communication skills accompanied by empathy skills
- Experience in physical venue management and hospitality
- Strong follow-up and coordination skills
- Ability to multitask and deliver work according to project timelines
- Advanced level of spoken and written English
- Flexible work schedule depending on event hours
- Proficiency in Google for Work and MS Office
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- Ability to set up and use audio/visual systems such as microphones, projectors, speakers, presentation tools)
- Basic skills in visual design and presentation software
- Basic photography skills
What do we offer?
- Inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance and meal card
Venue Operations Assistant