Senior UX Designer
ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization that embeds an award-winning Strategic Design Studio and an Academy within a Vibrant Creative Hub. Founded in Istanbul in 2014, ATÖLYE champions a new model for the creative services industry— a “membrane organization” that is fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and permeability of its system.
While the Strategic Design Studio tackles wicked problems in the fields of design, architecture, technology and innovation, the Creative Hub houses a community of 150+ practitioners who come together in a shared space to learn from one another, connect with fellow creatives, and collaborate on impactful projects.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined kyu, a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
We curate so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes and colors but they share one important trait: an insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We invest in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the Job—Senior UX Designer
ATÖLYE Istanbul is in search of a UX Designer, who will drive the development and communication of the UX process in our mobile, web, automotive or wearable projects. Who draws upon user data, research and team input to generate interaction concepts that enable seamless, fluid, relevant and engaging experiences.
As a UX Designer at ATÖLYE, you will get to collaborate across disciplines to create successful user experiences through research, feedback, analysis, testing and best practices. In this role, you will get involved in concept development, prototyping and working with developers while creating meaningful and measurable solutions for our local & international clients.
- 5+ years of professional working experience in digital product, service, and experience from ideation to implementation
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods.
- Possess a strong understanding of usability and user experience principles.
- Have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
- Proficiency in industry-standard design and prototyping tools such as Figma (preferred), Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- Fluent in English
Preferred skills and qualities
- A degree in HCI, UX, Interaction Design, Visual Communication Design or related fields is preferred.
- Experience with simple and clear design documentation for multiple audiences (designers, developers, product owners and other stakeholders).
- Experience with sustaining Design Systems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Translate product goals and objectives into seamless digital experiences
- Design and conduct research via UX research & design methods, tools and processes.
- Research user behaviors, validate concepts with end-users, and turn insights into value-adding features and actionable deliverables
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback into insights.
- Creating user stories, personas, journeys and storyboards.
- Design information architecture and create sitemaps
- Prototyping and wireframing
- Application of UX design and usability principles
Senior UX Designer