Senior UI Designer
ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization that embeds an award-winning Strategic Design Studio and an Academy within a Vibrant Creative Hub. Founded in Istanbul in 2014, ATÖLYE champions a new model for the creative services industry— a “membrane organization” that is fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and permeability of its system.
While the Strategic Design Studio tackles wicked problems in the fields of design, architecture, technology and innovation, the Creative Hub houses a community of 150+ practitioners who come together in a shared space to learn from one another, connect with fellow creatives, and collaborate on impactful projects.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined kyu, a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
We curate so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes and colors but they share one important trait: an insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We invest in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the Job—Senior UI Designer
ATÖLYE Istanbul is searching for a UI Designer who creates engaging, usable, and effective visual solutions to achieve user centered goals within a multidisciplinary team. As a UI Designer at ATÖLYE you get to design solutions for a diversity of industries, mediums and scales. We would love to hear from candidates who have turned wireframes/prototypes into visual designs that are both user friendly and adhere to brand. Who have participated in the creation of prototypes to illustrate a design and validated the effectiveness of designs through research and usability studies in collaboration across disciplines.
- 5+ years of professional working experience, with knowledge in both visual communications design and user experience design methodology
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods
- Possess a strong understanding of usability and user experience principles
- Have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
- Proficiency in industry-standard design and prototyping tools such as Figma (preferred), Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- Fluent in English
Preferred skills and qualities
- A degree in HCI, UX, Interaction Design, Visual Communication Design or related fields is preferred.
- Experience with simple and clear design documentation for multiple audiences (designers, developers, product owners and other stakeholders).
- Experience with creating and sustaining Design Systems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Work with Design Lead to bring concepts to life
- Proactively contribute to the creative output of the team
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Work with different levels of prototyping tools such as Principle (preferred), Invision or Framer.
- Work with multiple form factors – not limited to web, desktop, mobile apps etc.
Senior UI Designer