Senior Programs & Projects Associate
ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization that embeds an award-winning Strategic Design Studio and an Academy within a Vibrant Creative Hub. Founded in Istanbul in 2014, ATÖLYE champions a new model for the creative services industry— a “membrane organization” that is fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and permeability of its system.
While the Strategic Design Studio tackles wicked problems in the fields of design, architecture, technology and innovation, the Creative Hub houses a community of 150+ practitioners who come together in a shared space to learn from one another, connect with fellow creatives, and collaborate on impactful projects.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined kyu, a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
We curate so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes and colors but they share one important trait: an insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We invest in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the Job – Senior Programs & Projects Associate
ATÖLYE exists to cultivate a fertile environment that catalyzes individuals and organizations to thrive together for the better. ATÖLYE’s Creative Hub engages, nurtures and mobilizes creative individuals and communities so that they can purposefully contribute to the world as their best selves.
We refine talent curation and programming efforts to truly become a talent magnet across locations and serve Studio and Academy needs. We foster the creative individuals, creative communities and creative hubs ecosystem as a whole through launching new initiatives, programs, and projects. We rewire the processes and tools to become the connecting tissue of our network across locations and generating new opportunities.
Through our curated events, workshops and programs we try to foster our community, attract and engage the top talents on the broader network. We develop projects to support the growth of creative individuals, communities, and creative hubs.
As the Senior Programs & Projects Associate, you will play a key role in the Creative Hub team and be responsible for leading account/project management processes and business development efforts along with the Events & Programs Lead.
As the Creative Hub, we run many global programs focused on design and innovation, such as the Global Goals Jam, Global Service Jam, and Designer-in-Residence. With our private sector and civil society partners, we develop marathons focused on design, social impact and entrepreneurship, such as Designathon: Water, Hack the Crisis, Hack the Normal, Code.YapıKredi Ideathon: Future of Finance, and We the Youth. With the support of many funding institutions ranging from the European Union to ministries to development agencies and to cultural institutions, we develop projects such as Connect for Creativity, KARMA Lab, and COVID-in-Residence, which are focused on community building, networking, and capacity building to create long-term impact.
This is why we are looking for a highly organized, passionate, and experienced team member who will take on a critical role to bring this vision to life.
- Leading business development and account/project management processes with the support of Events & Programs Lead,
- Supporting the planning, pipeline management, resourcing, and forecasting activities,
- Guiding projects from pitch to delivery by ensuring team productivity, and managing client expectations, acting as a layer of communication between teams and stakeholders,
- Managing the plan, deadlines, team coordination, and budget for the entire project, ensuring projects are completed on-time and on-budget,
- Design and develop the project and program components such as capacity building, incubation, acceleration activities, training, and workshops,
- Managing a network of creative freelancers, startups, facilitators, coaches, mentors, and growing this network with new stakeholders and partnerships.
- 5+ years of total professional experience,
- Minimum 3 years of project management, client management and business development experience
- Subject matter expertise: Program development, project management, event planning, learning design.
- Experience working with 3rd party service providers or contractors,
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously,
- Experience with managing cross function & multinational teams,
- Exceptional precision for budgets and deadlines,
- Impeccable follow-up and coordination skills,
- Experience in capacity building, training and development,
- Feel comfortable with interactions in different settings such as presentations, workshops, interviews and meetings,
- Teamwork predisposition.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication in Turkish and English,
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- Experience in facilitation and workshop design, understanding of design thinking methodology,
- Have a generalist point of view and critical thinking skills,
- Have a great relationship with both creative economy and entrepreneurship ecosystems,
- PMP or other relevant project management certificate.
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic environment as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, meal card, and year-end bonus
Note regarding job location
ATÖLYE’s Istanbul space is located in bomontiada and its Dubai space will soon launch in march 2021 in the Emirates Towers. However, due to the ongoing global pandemic, the ATÖLYE team is working remotely until June 30, 2021. Team members are advised to visit our venues only if they are working on a specific project that require them to be together in a physical space. The applicants to this position need to be available to work in-person at our Istanbul space after June 2021.
Senior Programs & Projects Associate