Senior Learning Designer/Lead
ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization that embeds an award-winning Strategic Design Studio and an Academy within a Vibrant Creative Hub. Founded in Istanbul in 2014, ATÖLYE champions a new model for the creative services industry— a “membrane organization” that is fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and permeability of its system.
While the Strategic Design Studio tackles wicked problems in the fields of design, architecture, technology and innovation, the Creative Hub houses a community of 150+ practitioners who come together in a shared space to learn from one another, connect with fellow creatives, and collaborate on impactful projects.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined kyu, a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
We curate so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes and colors but they share one important trait: an insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We invest in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the Job—Academy Coordinator
Since the early days, one thing we hear from people is how transformative it was for them to collaborate with ATÖLYE—just as it was for us. As we collectively strive for long-term impact in every project partnership, ATÖLYE has become a source of inspiration and transformation for its team, community, clients, and partners.
At ATÖLYE, every project is an opportunity to grow as a community where we refine our values, adopt new mindsets, and learn the necessary skills. People who collaborate under ATÖLYE’s roof often testify that building individual and organizational capabilities of creative leadership, interdisciplinary collaboration, and design thinking is a significant impact ATÖLYE delivers during a project’s lifecycle.
ATÖLYE’s Academy is a brand new initiative—and it’s on a trajectory to scale ATÖLYE’s impact far and beyond to become a source of inspiration and transformation for over 1000 people in 2020 alone. The Academy will foster a community of changemakers and accompany them on their journey to become more efficient leaders, facilitators, and designers through offering a series of programs, resources, events, and workshops for individuals and organizations.
This is why we are looking for a highly organized, passionate, and experienced team member who will take a critical leadership role to bring this vision to life.
- Owning the agile management of the 7-person Academy team’s workflows and coordination while fostering a trust-based collaboration within the team
- Coaching the Academy team on their personal development and wellbeing
- Collaborating with the Academy’s Director, defining the 2021 strategy and the content of Academy’s learning programs
- Managing the teaming needs of Academy’s learning programs via ATÖLYE’s Academy, Studio, and Creative Hub teams, along with the surrounding Community
- Coordinating and managing Academy programs and business development efforts together with the Academy community collaborators
- Developing and implementing lean, efficient business development and project management processes for Academy
- Ensuring the highest content quality and participant satisfaction for Academy’s programs
- Managing the business development and corporate client management processes of the Academy
- Taking on the roles of trainer and facilitator in Academy’s learning programs
- Designing and constantly developing the content of Academy’s programs
- Managing and running Academy’s community events throughout the annual calendar in collaboration with ATÖLYE’s Events team
- Creating and following up on Academy’s annual budget and periodical reports
- Reporting on the team satisfaction, billability, sales conversion, keeping track of Academy success metrics
- 8+ years of experience in consultancy, organizational development, learning design, corporate training, human resources, or facilitation
- Bachelor’s or master degree in the relevant field
- Competence in human-centered design and learning design methodologies, innovation and facilitation skills
- Ability to facilitate workshops with high-level clients in English
- Proven track record of managing high-performing teams and delivering impactful results (account growth, business growth, organizational development, and individual development)
- Experience in running and delivering successful learning and innovation programs as an external consultant or in-house changemaker
- Experience in new business development and managing high-level client engagements
- Advanced proficiency in English and Turkish
Preferred skills and qualities
- Being passionate about human interaction, empathy, and non-violent communication
- Having an optimistic attitude with the ability to embrace ambiguity
- Eagerness to learn new trends and constantly research new best practices
- Motivation to interact with people on a daily basis to achieve shared goals
- Using Google Suite products for collaborative teamwork and organizing documents
- Willingness to learn using new digital tools that will facilitate team communication and streamline processes
- Having strong self-expression, storytelling, and communication skills
- Knowledge of agile work management as well as fundamental coaching skills and approaches
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, meal card, and year-end bonus
A note regarding job location
ATÖLYE’s Istanbul space is located in bomontiada and its Dubai space will soon launch in march 2021 in the Emirates Towers. However, due to the ongoing global pandemic, the ATÖLYE team is working remotely until June 30, 2021. Team members are advised to visit our venues only if they are working on a specific project that requires them to be together in a physical space. The applicants to this position need to be available to work in-person at our Istanbul space after June 2021.
Senior Learning Designer/Lead