Senior Lead, Architectural Design & Spatial Strategy
ATÖLYE (founded in 2013) is a community-powered creative services organization that provides services to both clients and creative professionals globally. ATÖLYE consists of a Strategic Design Studio, an Academy, a Creative Hub, and a Ventures arm.
ATÖLYE’s Strategic Design Studio works with companies to design and implement strategic solutions to the complex challenges they face. The Academy offers learning programs that equip individuals and teams with skills in creative leadership, radical collaboration, and systemic design. The Ventures arm offers enterprise entrepreneurship programs through business modelling, and finally, the Creative Hub creates the environment for each of these components to interact by fostering a community of over 150+ multi-disciplinary creatives who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective (kyu.com), a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
Our “Guiding Principles”
We curate diligently so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors but they share one important trait: An insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We are invested in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the ATÖLYE Community
We are a community-centric organization. This means that our approach spearheads community-centered thinking in design and gravitates around a 21st-century notion of the individual’s journey in relation to a community.
Every ATÖLYE team member, by default, is an ATÖLYE community member. Once you are a team member, you will be part of the ATÖLYE Community that houses creative individuals and teams who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work while having the opportunity to participate in community events, rituals, and social activities.
About the Job—Senior Lead, Architectural Design & Spatial Strategy
ATÖLYE’s Architectural Design team designs working, learning and production environments by placing user needs, future scenarios and interaction areas at the center. Our Practice starts with refining the brief, immersing in extensive design research and then develop conceptual directions by collaborating with various project partners and stakeholders.
This is a critical leadership role and we are looking for an inspiring Senior Lead who can spearhead our Architectural Design Practice, lead projects and business development efforts, and last but not least coach our talented Architectural Design team and help them grow.
- Collaborating with the Co-founders, defining the 2021 vision and strategy for the practice
- Managing end-to-end architectural and design-based projects and developing partnerships
- Fostering great relationships with our partners and clients and leading business development efforts in a way that spatial design projects and CNVS as strengthen each other
- Owning the agile management of the team’s workflows and coordination
- Fostering a a trust-based collaboration within the team and coaching the team on their personal development and wellbeing
- Managing financial and legal activities related to the practice including but not limited to defining and monitoring the annual budget
- Representing ATÖLYE at national and international conferences
- Minimum 8-10 years of professional experience, ideally in a wide range of work contexts
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills in English
- International education and work experience preferred
- Experience in working with educational / workspace / innovation spatial typologies preferred
- Strong client and account management experience, ability to lead projects both on content and relationship level
- Excellent conceptual design skills rooted in rigorous research
- Experience of managing different stakeholders in projects in coordination with the project team (customer, engineering and site teams)
- Great team management and coaching skills
- Aptitude for teamwork and agile delivery
- Strong knowledge on design tools such as Rhino, Autocad and Adobe Creative Suite. Revit & BIM experience preferred.
- Interest in working on product/furniture level design alongside architectural work
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic environment as part of a global interdisciplinary community of creative practitioners who gather around positive impact and aim at co-creating the future of work
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond.
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning.
- Private health insurance, a meal card, and year-end bonus.
A note regarding job location
ATÖLYE’s has two spaces that houses its core team and its community. However, since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, ATÖLYE has adopted a hybrid way of working where team members can choose to work remotely and visit the ATÖLYE spaces when their physical presence is necessary. This model has enabled the ATÖLYE team to relocate to various cities around the world without skipping a beat in teamwork and day-to-day activities. In line with this model, ATÖLYE will be operating remote-first until October 2021 and in a hybrid fashion following that date.
Senior Lead, Architectural Design & Spatial Strategy