Projects & Grants Associate
ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization with an award-winning Strategic Design Studio and an Academy nested within a Creative Hub. Based in bomontiada, a historical beer factory, ATÖLYE fosters a fluid talent curation model that consists of a 150-person community. ATÖLYE’s work encompasses all facets of creative consulting including strategy, design, architecture, and technology. It provides these services through a unique modern network of practitioners.
Fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and the permeability of the whole system, ATÖLYE explores a new model for the creative services industry—one that may be called a “membrane organization.” With this system, ATÖLYE is able to offer a wide range of capabilities to its clients, all of which are centered around the core mission of addressing wicked problems and creating a positive impact.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective. kyu is a collective of strategically curated creative businesses whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
About the Job—Projects & Grants Associate
The purpose of ATÖLYE’s Creative Hub is to engage, nurture, and mobilize creative individuals and communities so that they can purposefully contribute to the world as their best selves. Our nurturing mindset fosters creative communities, the creative economy, and creative hubs ecosystem as a whole through new events, programs, and projects. These initiatives will rewire the processes and tools to become the connecting tissue of our network across locations and generate new opportunities.
This is why we are looking for a highly organized, passionate, and experienced Projects & Grants Associate who will take on a critical role to bring the public programs and projects to life.
- Overviewing ATÖLYE’s programming strategy and enhancing the perception of the role of the Creative Hub
- Proactively engaging with funding institutions (public entities, development agencies, EU, etc.) and maintaining all existing and developing partnerships
- Leading the drafting process of concept notes, technical proposals, budgets, and log-frames while ensuring consistency and quality throughout
- Collaborating with relevant units and team members within ATÖLYE in line with internal organizational procedures
- Writing effective research proposals, fundraising documents, and grant proposals
- Project management, including the entire cycle from designing and developing applications to implementation and reporting
- Supporting the project’s lead in documentation, administration, finance, and operations
- Preparing written content and briefs
- Preparing, programming, and coordinating activities related to the project (conferences, residencies, exhibitions, meetings, festivals, study visits, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising, project management, and/or public programming (preferably Creative Europe, Erasmus+, Horizon2020, Intercultural Dialogue, etc.)
- Experience in grant/project writing and new business development
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Professional experience in different fields of creative industries
- Proven track record of team, budget, and time management
- Managing multi-stakeholder engagements
- Advanced proficiency in English and Turkish
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- Being passionate about creative industries, creative hubs, and co-design methods
- Having strong self-expression, storytelling, and communication skills
- Analytic and creative outlook against challenges
- Eagerness to learn new trends and constantly research new best practices
- Motivation to interact with people (team, contractors, partners, external stakeholders, etc.) on a daily basis to achieve shared goals
- Experience with project management tools (Asana, Basecamp, Trello, etc.)
- Using Google Suite products for collaborative work and organizing documents
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, meal card, and year-end bonus
Projects & Grants Associate