ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization with an award-winning Strategic Design Studio and an Academy embedded within a vibrant Creative Hub. Based in bomontiada, a historical beer factory, ATÖLYE fosters a fluid talent curation model that consists of a 150-person community.
ATÖLYE’s work encompasses all facets of creative consulting; including strategy, design, architecture, and technology. It provides these services through a unique modern network of practitioners. Fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and the permeability of the whole system, ATÖLYE explores a new model for the creative services industry—one that may be called a “membrane organization.” With this system, ATÖLYE is able to offer a wide range of capabilities to its clients, all of which are centered around the core mission of addressing wicked problems and creating positive impact.
ATÖLYE is also part of the kyu Collective. kyu is a collective of strategically curated creative businesses whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels economies and societies forward.
About the Job—Project Manager
Collaboration and effective coordination are of utmost importance in the lifecycle of ATÖLYE’s projects. Our teams of interdisciplinary practitioners work closely with client teams to immerse them in our design processes and have them participate in devising solutions for their needs. We are looking for a driven Project Manager to help us become more connected and deliver on time and on point.
The projects we are working on play a critical role in ATÖLYE’s future and has strategic importance in its accelerating expansion to new territories outside of Istanbul. We are looking for an experienced and team member who will work with us on this exciting journey.
- Facilitating coordination between design studio units (Strategy, Business Development, Design, Events and Communication) and client teams to ensure minimal risk, maximum profitability, and efficiency
- Supporting planning, pipeline management, resourcing and forecasting activities
- Guiding projects from pitch to delivery by ensuring team productivity, and managing client expectations, acting as a layer of communication between teams and stakeholders.
- Managing the plan, deadlines, team coordination and budget for the entire project, ensuring projects are completed on-time and on-budget
- Working closely with the team leader and members to align on the next critical steps and iterate the project plan accordingly
- Communicating the agile roadmap with the client at each step including higher management
- Planning weekly sprints for teams
- Onboarding new team members to the team with a clear task list, time plan and defined KPIs
- Ideating and prototyping new and effective team communication & working methods building on the existing tools of ATÖLYE
- Working with other project managers through guidance and training sessions on Agile methodology
- Supporting business development activities such as restructuring to RFP/ RFI/Brief, framing SoWs, building approach
- Subject matter expertise: Design-led Strategy, End-to-End Service Design, Strategy & Business Design
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication in Turkish and English
- Impeccable follow-up and coordination skills
- Exceptional precision for budgets and deadlines
- Experience in Digital Products, Service Design & Strategy projects
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience working with 3rd party service providers or contractors.
- Experience with managing cross function & multinational teams.
- Feel comfortable with C-level client interactions in different settings such as presentations, workshops, interviews and meetings
- Teamwork predisposition
Preferred skills and qualities
- 5+ years of total professional experience
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience
- Understanding of Design Thinking Methodology & Facilitation experience
- Have a generalist point of view and critical thinking skills
- PMP or other relevant project management certificate
What do we offer?
- Inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance and meal card