ATÖLYE was founded in 2013; it is a community-powered creative services organization that provides services to both clients and creative professionals globally. ATÖLYE consists of a Strategic Design Studio, an Academy, a Creative Hub, and a Ventures arm.
ATÖLYE’s Strategic Design Studio works with companies to design and implement strategic solutions to the complex challenges they face. The Academy offers learning programs that equip individuals and teams with skills in creative leadership, radical collaboration, and systemic design. The Ventures arm offers enterprise entrepreneurship programs through business modelling, and finally, the Creative Hub creates the environment for each of these components to interact by fostering a community of over 150+ multi-disciplinary creatives who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined kyu, a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
ATÖLYE’s guiding principles
We curate so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes and colors but they share one important trait: an insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We invest in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the Job — Learning Designer, Academy
Since the early days, one thing we hear from people is how transformative it was for them to collaborate with ATÖLYE—just as it was for us. As we collectively strive for long-term impact in every project partnership, ATÖLYE has become a source of inspiration and transformation for its team, community, clients, and partners.
At ATÖLYE, every project is an opportunity to grow as a community where we refine our values, adopt new mindsets, and learn the necessary skills. People who collaborate under ATÖLYE’s roof often testify that building individual and organizational capabilities of creative leadership, interdisciplinary collaboration, and design thinking is a significant impact ATÖLYE delivers during a project’s lifecycle.
ATÖLYE’s Academy is a brand new initiative—and it’s on a trajectory to scale ATÖLYE’s impact far and beyond to become a source of inspiration and transformation for over thousands of people in the next years. The Academy will foster a community of changemakers and accompany them on their journey to become more efficient leaders, facilitators, and designers through offering a series of programs, resources, events, and workshops for individuals and organizations.
This is why we are looking for a highly organized, passionate, and experienced Learning Designer in our Academy team who will take on a critical role to bring this vision to life.
- Fulfilling the responsibilities determined jointly within the team at the beginning of the project in Learning Experience projects,
- Carrying out project management in the fields of design, facilitation, content creation, and coordination in the field of learning experiences of ATÖLYE.
- Contributing to workshop design and execution, creating interesting workshop tools and materials, and determining the logistics and communication needs of workshops.
- Providing coaching support to teams in workshops.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of strategies and business models for ATÖLYE to become a thought leader in the field of organization and learning design.
- Conducting research in the field of Learning Design and technology and to follow the latest trends in this field. Providing field research support in ATÖLYE’s product, service, system design projects.
- Taking part in research and design fields for the projects that ATÖLYE will carry out in the field of K12.
- Producing by using written and digital tools in all projects, to document the learning in written form.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a subject related to design, entrepreneurship, innovation or organizational change.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience (1 year of experience abroad is preferred) in design studios / consultancy companies / digital product startups / innovation departments of institutions / acceleration programs / academy.
- Having experience in a few of the topics such as: corporate innovation, organizational transformation, future working patterns, learning design, strategic design and service design issues.
- Having experience in human-centered design, design-oriented thinking, working with lean initiative methods.
- Experience and competencies in basic coaching and workshop facilitation.
- Having experience in designing and transferring learning content.
- Be able to think critically and create strong arguments.
- Be able to produce creative output and be able to tell the story of these outputs as written and verbal in a coherent manner.
- Having a strong presentation, self-expression and storytelling skills, a generalist point of view, systematic thinking, high skill to synthesize and analyze.
- Strong verbal and written communication and empathy skills.
- Proficient written and spoken English & Turkish.
Preferred skills and qualities
- Being passionate about human interaction, empathy, and non-violent communication.
- Having an optimistic attitude with the ability to embrace ambiguity.
- Eagerness to learn new trends and constantly research new best practices.
- Motivation to interact with people on a daily basis to achieve shared goals.
- Using Google Suite products for collaborative teamwork and organizing documents.
- Willingness to learn using new digital tools that will facilitate team communication and streamline processes.
- Having strong self-expression, storytelling, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of agile work management as well as fundamental coaching skills and approaches.
- Having a Masters degree.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
- UX design experience using Invision, Marvel, Sketch, basic prototyping knowledge.
- Experience with Google Suite Digital Tools (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar).
- Experience with Asana, Basecamp, Trello or similar tools.
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic environment as part of an interdisciplinary community.
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond.
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning.
- Private health insurance, meal card, and year-end bonus.
A note regarding job location
ATÖLYE’s Istanbul space is located in bomontiada and its Dubai space was launched in March 2021 in Emirates Towers. That said, ATÖLYE has adopted a hybrid way of working, in which its members can choose to work remotely and visit the ATÖLYE spaces when their physical presence is necessary. This model has enabled the ATÖLYE team to relocate to various cities around the world without skipping a beat in teamwork and day-to-day activities. In line with this model, ATÖLYE will be operating remote-first until June 30, 2021.