ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization that embeds an award-winning Strategic Design Studio and an Academy within a Vibrant Creative Hub. Founded in Istanbul in 2014, ATÖLYE champions a new model for the creative services industry— a “membrane organization” that is fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and permeability of its system.
While the Strategic Design Studio tackles wicked problems in the fields of design, architecture, technology and innovation, the Creative Hub houses a community of 150+ practitioners who come together in a shared space to learn from one another, connect with fellow creatives, and collaborate on impactful projects.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined kyu, a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
We curate so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes and colors but they share one important trait: an insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We invest in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the Job — Leadership Assistant
We are looking for a Leadership Assistant who will become a helping hand and a business partner to ATÖLYE’s Leadership Team that consists of the two co-founders and the Leadership Associate.
The Leadership Assistant supports the Leadership team by making the right decisions related to coordination and administration with internal external parties working directly with the Leadership Associate.
As the connector and distributor of information, Leadership Assistant has the ability to see around corners, anticipate needs, and resolve issues effectively. The ability to navigate in ambiguity and adapting to the changes on a daily basis are the keys to success. As this position is responsible for communicating with multiple parties in a fast-paced environment, top-notch administrative and coordination skills are a must.
- As the Leadership Assistant, you’ll be responsible for
- Managing cross-functional and international calendars of the ATÖLYE’s two co-founders with heavy scheduling and constant rescheduling
- Organizing and supporting the travel needs of the Leadership team
- Providing a constant flow of information in a timely manner
- Organizing meetings via Zoom or other conferencing tools
- Anticipating and proactively compensating the needs of the Leadership Team with the “big picture” in mind
- Organizing leadership team retreats and events
- Advanced-level command of English, both written and spoken
- Strong self-expression and communication skills both in online and in-person correspondence
- Sensitivity in managing confidential information
- An inquisitive and autodidactic mindset with proven ability to take initiative and prioritize
- Diligence and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to take briefs “on the fly” and complete tasks ahead of schedule
- Extraordinary time management, administrative, and organizational skills
Preferred skills and qualities
- Minimum of BA or BS degree (exceptions are welcomed!)
- Previous experience in startups, creative industries and/or design studios is a plus
- Motivation to interact with people on a daily basis to achieve shared goals
- Knowledge of Google Suite and project management tools (Asana) for collaborative teamwork and organizing documents
- Willingness to experiment new digital tools that will facilitate team communication and streamline processes
- Aspiration of pursuing a career as an executive assistant
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic environment as part of an interdisciplinary community.
- The opportunity to gain experience in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond.
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, a meal card, and bi-annually distributed bonus to all ATÖLYE team members
A note regarding job location
ATÖLYE’s Istanbul space is located in bomontiada and its Dubai space was launched in March 2021 in Emirates Towers. That said, ATÖLYE has adopted a hybrid way of working, in which its members can choose to work remotely and visit the ATÖLYE spaces when their physical presence is necessary. This model has enabled the ATÖLYE team to relocate to various cities around the world without skipping a beat in teamwork and day-to-day activities. In line with this model, ATÖLYE will be operating remote-first until September 30, 2021.