Lead, Programs & Projects
ATÖLYE (founded in 2013) is a community-powered creative services organization that provides services to both clients and creative professionals globally. ATÖLYE consists of a Strategic Design Studio, an Academy, a Creative Hub, and a Ventures arm.
ATÖLYE’s Strategic Design Studio works with companies to design and implement strategic solutions to the complex challenges they face. The Academy offers learning programs that equip individuals and teams with skills in creative leadership, radical collaboration, and systemic design. The Ventures arm offers enterprise entrepreneurship programs through business modeling, and finally, the Creative Hub creates the environment for each of these components to interact by fostering a community of over 150+ multi-disciplinary creatives who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective (kyu.com), a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
Our “Guiding Principles”
We curate diligently so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors but they share one important trait: An insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work, and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a “growth mindset” in a holistic way. We are invested in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the ATÖLYE Community
We are a community-centric organization. This means that our approach spearheads community-centered thinking in design and gravitates around the notion of an individual’s journey in relation to a community.
Every ATÖLYE team member, by default, is an ATÖLYE community member. Once you are a team member, you will be part of the ATÖLYE Community that consists of creative individuals and teams who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work while having the opportunity to participate in community events, rituals, and social activities.
About the Job — Lead, Programs & Projects, Creative Hub
ATÖLYE’s Creative Hub is the unit that aspires to nourish and catalyze creative individuals and communities through community curation and programming. It brings together individuals and organizations around impact-oriented collaborations through diverse projects around the creative economy.
The Creative Hub also initiates programs and projects aiming to support creative individuals, communities, and other hubs in the ecosystem to thrive. We are looking for a new team member to lead our “Programs & Projects” team and develop new projects with a focus on strategic design, community building, and programming.
We are looking for a highly organized, passionate and experienced team member who will play a critical role in bringing this vision to life. We expect this new team member to join our team in January 2022.
Programs § Projects
- Leading the client/partner engagement (business development), design, and project management processes of ATÖLYE’s programs around the creative economy and projects within the Creative Hub.
- Carrying out the planning, workflow, resource development, budget, process management streams as well as administrative, legal, and financial forecast activities of the projects from end to end.
- Ensuring team productivity, executing projects from development to delivery, managing customer and partner expectations diligently.
- Acting as the communicator between the project team, client/partner, third parties, and other stakeholders.
- Planning for all programs and projects, managing deadlines, team coordination, and budget processes ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Continuing the dialogue with existing customers and partners of different types (public, private sector, civil society, academy) and developing new relationships and partnerships.
- Managing and growing a network of creative freelancers, communities and startups with new stakeholders and partnerships.
Talent and Culture
- Leading the Programs & Projects team comprising multidisciplinary individuals. Being responsible for their goals, learning, and well-being. Carrying out the team’s bi-annual feedback processes.
- Managing and coordinating the project managers’ tasks and teaming plans based on their skills as well as learning and growth opportunities.
Finance and Operations
- Creating the Programs & Projects team’s annual budget, following up on monthly reports, and making quarterly and occasional budget forecasts and adjustments.
- Overseeing projects’ financial activities and budget reports diligently to be able to make adjustments if necessary and to be able to report to relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Field specialization – Creative economy: 7-10 years of experience in various areas in creative economy or creative industries.
- 5-7 years of combined experience in the areas of business development, program and project management, event planning, or learning design.
- Very good communication skills in Turkish and English.
- Strong follow-up and coordination skills.
- Great attention to detail in budget and teaming processes.
- Experience in capacity building, training, and learning programs.
- Experience in managing multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to comfortably interact in differing environments such as presentations, workshops, interviews, and meetings.
- Experience in working with third-party service providers or other third parties.
- Experience in managing cross-functional and multinational teams.
- A holistic and comprehensive perspective along with critical thinking skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- Access to a wide network within the creative economy ecosystem.
- PMP or similar project management certification.
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, meal card, bi-annual bonus
A note regarding job location
ATÖLYE’s has two spaces in Istanbul and Dubai that houses its core team and its community. However, since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, ATÖLYE has adopted a hybrid way of working where team members can choose to work remotely and visit the ATÖLYE spaces when their physical presence is necessary. This model has enabled the ATÖLYE team to relocate to various cities around the world without skipping a beat in teamwork and day-to-day activities. In line with this model, ATÖLYE will be operating remote-first until October 2021 and in a hybrid fashion following that date.
Throughout the entire job application process, ATÖLYE does not discriminate against individuals directly or indirectly based on language, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parenthood, childcare, age, HIV status, disability, political opinion, philosophical belief, religion and sect, or similar reasons. ATÖLYE provides suitable working conditions obligating employees to behave equally among teammates and complies with the principle of equality which is embedded in its organizational policy.
Lead, Programs & Projects