Senior Lead, Technology & Operations
ATÖLYE was founded in 2013; it is a community-powered creative services organization that provides services to both clients and creative professionals globally. ATÖLYE consists of a Strategic Design Studio, an Academy, a Creative Hub, and a Ventures arm.
ATÖLYE’s Strategic Design Studio works with companies to design and implement strategic solutions to the complex challenges they face. The Academy offers learning programs that equip individuals and teams with skills in creative leadership, radical collaboration, and systemic design. The Ventures arm offers enterprise entrepreneurship programs through business modelling, and finally, the Creative Hub creates the environment for each of these components to interact by fostering a community of over 150+ multi-disciplinary creatives who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined kyu, a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
We curate so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes and colors but they share one important trait: an insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We invest in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the Job — Senior Lead, Technology & Operations
Our Shared Services Team plays a critical role in ATÖLYE’s ecosystem and affects the health of the organization in a material way. As a key leader in the team, you will be responsible for leading the digitalization and product management of the ATÖLYE Operating System (ATOLYE OS), which is a codename for a multi-year effort to streamline, consolidate, simplify and digitalize all ATÖLYE workflows related to talent management, community management, CRM and ERP systems.
- Building and managing ATÖLYE Operating System, digital tools and systems as well as relationships with digital vendors and consultants
- Leveraging the best of emerging technology stacks (no-code, API-driven systems, blockchain systems)
- Defining and prioritizing business needs in a human-centric way
- Combining operational rigor with practicality. Deploying growth mindset and a hacker attitude to deliver direct value via rapid prototyping on the ground
- Coupling long-term horizon thinking and foundational infrastructure establishment while being realistic with immediate pain points on the ground and a robust transition plan between the now, next and the far future
- Delivering process flow design, process optimization, process integration, data structure establishment and information security solutions
- Managing a small team of 1-2 people while leveraging the diverse ATOLYE team to contribute to framing and testing of the emerging tech solutions
- Liaising with the Legal team to ensure the compliance of ATOLYE flows and operations with local and global GDPR policies and practices
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in startup and/or consultancy background in technology and/or product development and management (international experience is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related fields)
- Following and adapting innovative software development and technology trends like blockchain systems, no code platforms, etc.
- Proficiency in streamlining lean processes; synthesizing and prioritizing different necessities
- Having a growth mindset and being a continuous learner
- Having a proactive mindset and being a analytical thinker
- Being an excellent communicator
- High proficiency in English
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- A Master’s Degree in related areas
- Consultancy experience in building internal and/or external systems
- Experience in building CRM and ERP systems (experience with Zoho at least as a short term solution is a plus)
- Full Stack Development experience, capability or literacy
- Experience in UX/UI design
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic environment as part of an interdisciplinary community.
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond.
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning.
- Private health insurance, a meal card, and bi-annul year-end bonus.
A note regarding job location
ATÖLYE’s Istanbul space is located in bomontiada and its Dubai space was launched in March 2021 in Emirates Towers. That said, ATÖLYE has adopted a hybrid way of working, in which its members can choose to work remotely and visit the ATÖLYE spaces when their physical presence is necessary. This model has enabled the ATÖLYE team to relocate to various cities around the world without skipping a beat in teamwork and day-to-day activities. In line with this model, ATÖLYE will be operating remote-first until June 30, 2021.
Senior Lead, Technology & Operations