Dubai Architectural Design Lead
ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization with an award-winning Strategic Design Studio and an Academy embedded within a vibrant Creative Hub. Based in Istanbul and Dubai, ATÖLYE fosters a fluid talent curation model that consists of a 150-person community.
ATÖLYE’s work encompasses all facets of creative consulting; including strategy, design, architecture, and technology. It provides these services through a unique modern network of practitioners. Fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and the permeability of the whole system, ATÖLYE explores a new model for the creative services industry—one that may be called a “membrane organization.” With this system, ATÖLYE is able to offer a wide range of capabilities to its clients, all of which are centered around the core mission of addressing wicked problems and creating positive impact.
ATÖLYE is also part of the kyu Collective. kyu is a collective of strategically curated creative businesses whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels economies and societies forward.
About ATÖLYE Dubai
After completing several projects in the UAE with clients such as EXPO 2020, Dubai Future Foundation, Prime Minister’s Office and Palmwood, ATOLYE has decided to launch its second Creative Hub and Studio in Dubai. The space will be located in Emirates Towers, and is set to launch in January 2021.
About the Job—Dubai Architectural Design Lead
ATÖLYE’s Architectural Design team designs working, learning and production environments by placing user needs, future scenarios and interaction areas at the center. It questions the need and the question of the project, and designs the direction of the project by collaborating with stakeholders with new questions and synthesis.
We are looking for an experienced and UAE-based team member or project-based contractor who will work with us on this exciting journey in UAE as Architectural Design Lead; and carry out architectural designs together, with emphasis on participatory process design, environmental data, recycling, upcycling and the involvement of different disciplines.
- Assist with business development and lead generation in the UAE and Middle East
- Work with Dubai Studio Director and Creative Hub Director to build brand presence and community on the ground
- Oversee Dubai-based construction projects (including ATOLYE’s own space in Emirates Towers)
- Liaise with contractors as the point person on the ground
- Work with Istanbul architecture team on project execution
- To manage architectural and design-based projects and to develop partnerships in ATÖLYE
- To participate in national and international architecture and design competitions
- To include and engage community network who can contribute as consultants in research projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 7+ years of professional experience, (minimum 2 years of international experience)
- On-site construction control experience, ideally in education, workspace and innovation hub projects
- Business development experience
- Multiple stakeholder and project management experience
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills in English
Preferred skills and qualities
- Interest in sustainable design, spatial strategy and experience design
- Interest and experience in interdisciplinary collaboration with engineers
- Comfortable working directly with clients in UAE
- Has experience coordinating with UAE building codes and approval process
- Has experience with coordinating MEP drawings & site work
- Ability to work in a remotely collaborative environment
- Proficiency in creating CD in Autocad/Revit
- Proficiency in Arabic
What do we offer?
- Inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in the UAE, Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance and year-end bonus
Dubai Architectural Design Lead