Communications Associate - Dubai
ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization with an award-winning Strategic Design Studio and an Academy nested within a Creative Hub. Based in bomontiada, a historical beer factory, ATÖLYE fosters a fluid talent curation model that consists of a 150-person community. ATÖLYE’s work encompasses all facets of creative consulting including strategy, design, architecture, and technology. It provides these services through a unique modern network of practitioners.
Fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and the permeability of the whole system, ATÖLYE explores a new model for the creative services industry—one that may be called a “membrane organization.” With this system, ATÖLYE is able to offer a wide range of capabilities to its clients, all of which are centered around the core mission of addressing wicked problems and creating a positive impact.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective. kyu is a collective of strategically curated creative businesses whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
About ATÖLYE Dubai
After completing several projects in the UAE with clients such as EXPO 2020, Dubai Future Foundation, Prime Minister’s Office and Palmwood, ATOLYE has decided to launch its second Creative Hub and Studio in Dubai. The space will be located in Emirates Towers, and is set to launch in January 2021.
About the Position – Communications Associate Dubai
Navigating in a highly complex world requires impeccable communication skills. At ATÖLYE, we put tremendous effort into the dissemination of information to flow in and out with transparency. Naming ourselves as a “membrane organization” comes with responsibility and placing the weight of knowledge transfer to our core requires top-notch communication skills.
The role of the Communications Associate is to be the agent of the two way flow of information, becoming the inward-looking and outward-facing figure of ATÖLYE and what it stands for—becoming a complete team player, harvesting information and turning it into pieces of a greater puzzle.
- Creating and sharing content on a regular basis on all communication channels (website, newsletter, social media, and more). This includes generating content for the entirety of ATÖLYE’s practices including client projects, events, media communications, thought-leadership pieces, community projects, internal initiatives within the team, etc.
- Managing marketing communications and social ads
- Carrying out the media communication processes (to write, service, and follow-up press releases) for projects, events, and collaborations
Skills and Experiences
- At least 2-5 years of experience in communications or a related field
- Ideally have a background in start-ups, digital marketing agencies or design agencies
- Fluent in English and ideally Arabic
- Ability to create compelling narratives and exciting copy
- Experience using Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Designer background focused on digital marketing
- Able to work remotely from the Middle East. Ideally based in Beirut, Dubai, or Istanbul.
- Experience with project management practices and tools such as Asana, Trello, Basecamp
- Basic-level understanding of design software such as Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- Photography skills are a plus
What makes you an ideal culture fit:
- You are an autodidact who is always eager to learn new skills. When faced with a new challenge, you apply your research skills and care to figure it out, although you’re humble enough to ask for help when needed.
- You are practical; although it may offend your artistic sensibilities, you know when perfection is the enemy of good.
What do we offer?
- Inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Dubai and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
Communications Associate - Dubai