Architect Project Manager
ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization that embeds an award-winning Strategic Design Studio and an Academy within a Vibrant Creative Hub. Founded in Istanbul in 2014, ATÖLYE champions a new model for the creative services industry— a “membrane organization” that is fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and permeability of its system.
While the Strategic Design Studio tackles wicked problems in the fields of design, architecture, technology and innovation, the Creative Hub houses a community of 150+ practitioners who come together in a shared space to learn from one another, connect with fellow creatives, and collaborate on impactful projects.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined kyu, a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
We curate so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes and colors but they share one important trait: an insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We invest in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the Job—Architect Project Manager
ATÖLYE’s Architectural Design team designs working, learning and production environments by placing user needs, future scenarios and interaction areas at the center. It questions the need and the question of the project, and designs the direction of the project by collaborating with stakeholders with new questions and synthesis. We are looking for an architect project manager with at least 5 years of experience to carry out architectural designs together, with emphasis on participatory process design, environmental data, recycling, upcycling and the involvement of different disciplines.
- Managing the stages of working drawing and construction supervision of different projects
- Coordinating with consulting engineering teams and other stakeholders in the project
- Doing material research, creating quantity files, preparing specifications and construction specifications
- Preparing and managing project budgets
Preferred skills and qualities
- Project management experience
- Aptitude to teamwork and agile working method
- Experience of managing different stakeholders in projects in coordination with the project team (customer, engineering and site teams)
- Experience of creating and controlling tender document sets (creating discovery, quantity, specification files and checking progress payment)
- Strong knowledge on design tools such as Autocad, Office programs and Adobe presentation programs
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills in English
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, meal card, and year-end bonus
A note regarding job location
ATÖLYE’s Istanbul space is located in bomontiada and its Dubai space will soon launch in march 2021 in the Emirates Towers. However, due to the ongoing global pandemic, the ATÖLYE team is working remotely until June 30, 2021. Team members are advised to visit our venues only if they are working on a specific project that requires them to be together in a physical space. The applicants to this position need to be available to work in-person at our Istanbul space after June 2021.
Architect Project Manager