ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization with an award-winning Strategic Design Studio nested within a Creative Hub. ATÖLYE is also part of the kyu Collective. kyu is a collective of strategically curated creative businesses whose purpose is to be a source of creativity which propels economies and societies forward. Based in bomontiada, a historical beer factory, ATÖLYE fosters a fluid talent curation model that consists of its 150-person community.
ATÖLYE’s work encompasses all facets of creative consulting including strategy, design, architecture, and technology. It provides these services through a unique modern network of practitioners. Fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and the permeability of the whole system, ATÖLYE explores a new model for the creative services industry—one that may be called a “membrane organization”. With this system, ATÖLYE is able to offer a wide range of capabilities to its clients, all of which are centered around the core mission of addressing wicked problems and creating positive impact.
About the job
Visual Designer – Contractor
At ATÖLYE, we’re working on human-centered strategic design projects that aim to create long term value. Each project marks a new chapter in our story; spanning the early research phase to the implementation of design practices such as service, product, and architecture.
Storytelling is a critical element of our processes. It helps us capture the essence of work and communicate its meaning to multiple stakeholders locally and abroad. We are expanding our “Communications” team and looking for a visual designer who has experience in creative visual storytelling and creating compelling stories.
About the project:
We are embarking on an exciting new journey soon to kick-start a monumental project. The challenge is to design an antidote to how creative industries are operating around the world today. There is a burning question on our minds:
“How might we create a common narrative for creative industry members to serve the fluid work culture of the 21st century?”
We will be designing a new operating model and an unprecedented value proposition in collaboration with global creative industry leaders. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we’re looking for a new team member who shares our excitement.
- To manage the visual communication processes of the projects together with a team of graphic designers, copywriters, and strategists.
- To ideate on the visual tools and storytelling elements that will best align with the goals of the project and convey its narrative. These elements can be printed materials, Keynote presentations, motion graphics, infographics, GIFs, data visualization, or other forms of visual content
- To ideate and craft a vision for how the story can unfold across all touchpoints
- To manage the implementation and production processes of printed and digital visual communication materials
- To communicate high-level design concepts effectively, give and receive feedback
- To create and apply visual storytelling elements for digital channels such as websites, newsletters, and social media
- 5+ years of experience in brand design, graphic design, and art direction
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of graphic design, visual communication, or relevant areas
- Expert knowledge of visual design software such as Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch
- Illustration and & motion graphics skills are a plus
As part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a recent portfolio of your work.
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- Be passionate about human-centered design, design-oriented thinking, and bringing strategy into action
- Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines
- Have an optimistic attitude with the ability to embrace ambiguity
- Motivated to interact with people on a daily basis to achieve shared goals
- Using Google Suite products for collaborative teamwork and organising documents
- Willingness to learn using new digital tools that will facilitate team communication and streamline processes
- Have strong self-expression and storytelling skills
- Proficiency in English is desirable
What do we offer?
- Inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning