ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization with an award-winning Strategic Design Studio nested within a Creative Hub. ATÖLYE is also part of the kyu Collective. kyu is a collective of strategically curated creative businesses whose purpose is to be a source of creativity which propels economies and societies forward. Based in bomontiada, a historical beer factory, ATÖLYE fosters a fluid talent curation model that consists of its 150-person community.
ATÖLYE’s work encompasses all facets of creative consulting including strategy, design, architecture, and technology. It provides these services through a unique modern network of practitioners. Fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and the permeability of the whole system, ATÖLYE explores a new model for the creative services industry—one that may be called a “membrane organization”. With this system, ATÖLYE is able to offer a wide range of capabilities to its clients, all of which are centered around the core mission of addressing wicked problems and creating positive impact.
About the Job
- Online research tasks may cover benchmarking, brand & communication, and trends analysis.
- Field research tasks may cover in-depth interviews, observation and experiencing.
- Mapping research insights in the form of personas, customer journeys, and system maps.
- Idea generation and consolidation of concepts into deliverables such as presentations, mockups, user scenarios, and storyboards.
- Prototyping and conducting user tests for concept validation.
- Flexible work schedule, with availability for daily research assignments or longer engagements.
- Willingness to work in all phases of a strategic design project, from research to final outcomes.
- Proactive and naturally curious, willing to work in collaborative and multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to deliver outcomes in presentation format in his/her own laptop, using preferably Adobe package (Indesign, Illustrator), but keynote is also acceptable.
- Willingness to keep a diligent record of findings in Google Drive documents.
Experiences and Requirements
- High written and verbal proficiency in Turkish and English,
- Bachelor in a design field (preferably industrial design).
- Experience with the Design Thinking Methodology.
- At least 2 years of experience with design research, which entails empathy and synthesis skills, as well as a strategic eye for identifying business opportunities.
- Ability to map outcomes in the form of canvases, diagrams, and other forms of data visualization.
- Experience with Strategic Design Research
- Knowledge about Systems Thinking
- Knowledge about lean and agile methodologies
- UX Design, Illustration and Data Visualization skills
- Referrals or point of contact from the previous job.
What do we offer?
- Inspiring and dynamic workspace and work in an interdisciplinary community,
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond,
- A transdisciplinary workflow that keeps constant learning,
- Private health insurance, meal card, and gym membership.
We are looking for a proactive, motivated and responsible Service Designer.