ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization with an award-winning Strategic Design Studio nested within a Creative Hub. ATÖLYE is also part of the kyu Collective. kyu is a collective of strategically curated creative businesses whose purpose is to be a source of creativity which propels economies and societies forward. Based in bomontiada, a historical beer factory, ATÖLYE fosters a fluid talent curation model that consists of its 150-person community.
ATÖLYE’s work encompasses all facets of creative consulting including strategy, design, architecture, and technology. It provides these services through a unique modern network of practitioners. Fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and the permeability of the whole system, ATÖLYE explores a new model for the creative services industry—one that may be called a “membrane organization”. With this system, ATÖLYE is able to offer a wide range of capabilities to its clients, all of which are centered around the core mission of addressing wicked problems and creating positive impact.
About the Job—Design Strategist
At ATÖLYE, we believe in order to lay down solid foundations for a visionary project we need to be invested in research and strategy. We use creative tools and methods to land on the correct design question to turn design problems into strategic opportunities that will generate long-term value.
We’re working on exciting projects in Turkey and beyond that has societal and economic impact at large. We’re looking for a team member who is curious about the ways people, businesses, design, culture, data, and technology interact. If you are passionate about combining strategy with action, people with businesses, numbers with emotions, and the present with the future we would love to hear from you.
- To provide research, design, data analysis, strategy, and presentation support in the forward thinking and innovative design projects of ATÖLYE
- To interview users and other stakeholders and to use creative participatory research methods such as site visits, observations, co-creation workshops
- To conduct research to benchmark relevant examples for the project, spot emerging design patterns, business opportunities, cultural trends, and insight combinations
- To synthesize and map quantitative and qualitative research findings in the forms of canvases, diagrams, and other forms of data visualization
- To create inspirational and compelling stories that communicate the perspective, embodiment, environment, and vision of a given project
- To closely collaborate with other design practice teams; support synthesis of findings, ideation, concepting, rapid prototyping, and testing to create human centered services, products, and spaces
- To support the development of the strategy practice in ATÖLYE by prototyping and testing new strategy frameworks, creating new tools and methods. To provide insights to the team and the whole ATÖLYE community on emerging design and strategy practices
- To stay on top of shifting cultural trends and emerging technologies, to uncover underlying insights and understand their implications for users, businesses, and societies at large
- Designing workshops and being responsible for producing high-quality facilitation materials such as canvases, handbooks, work papers, games, exhibitions, etc.)
- To provide facilitation support in different design and strategy workshops of ATÖLYE with different institutions and stakeholders
- At least 3 years of experience in strategy and research, preferably with methods that entail strong empathy and synthesis skills in an organization that consults organizations on projects related to communication, service, product, systems, or learning design
- Bachelor’s degree related to social sciences, business and design, or a combination
- Experience with or interest in the “Design Thinking” methodology
- Feel comfortable with C-level client interactions in different settings such as presentations, workshops, interviews, and meetings
- Have strong presentation, self-expression, and storytelling skills,
- Have a generalist point of view and critical thinking skills
- Ability to understand, analyze, and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to create compelling stories through the use of written, verbal, and other media
- High written and verbal proficiency in Turkish and English.
Preferred skills and qualities
- Be passionate about human-centered design, design-oriented thinking, and bringing strategy into action
- Have a self-starter and optimistic attitude with the ability to embrace ambiguity
- Strong observation and communication skills
- Motivated to interact with people on a daily basis to achieve shared goals
- Using Google Suite products for collaborative teamwork and organizing documents
- Willingness to learn using new digital tools that will facilitate team communication & processes
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic workspace and work in an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance and meal card