ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization with an award-winning Strategic Design Studio nested within a Creative Hub. Based in bomontiada, a historical beer factory, ATÖLYE fosters a fluid talent curation model that consists of a 150-person community. ATÖLYE’s work encompasses all facets of creative consulting including strategy, design, architecture, and technology. It provides these services through a unique modern network of practitioners.
Fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and the permeability of the whole system, ATÖLYE explores a new model for the creative services industry—one that may be called a “membrane organization”. With this system, ATÖLYE is able to offer a wide range of capabilities to its clients, all of which are centered around the core mission of addressing wicked problems and creating a positive impact.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective. kyu is a collective of strategically curated creative businesses whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels economy and society forward.
About the job – Community Curator
Our community is at the heart of the human-centered processes we design at ATÖLYE. The community in question, comprising of our core team and our members, is curated to a high standard with a number of checks and balances in place—such as the number and quality of interactions within, the variety of disciplines within the community, and more. The curation criteria we apply, in accordance with our culture and purpose, help us gather the talent that would benefit the entire community and help us learn and develop in a number of ways. We believe, as a result of these encounters, novel ideas emerge and breakthroughs happen.
The role of Community Curator stands right in the middle of the curation process, overseeing and advancing ATÖLYE’s fluid talent curation model with a fresh, creative, and dynamic outlook. The type of community member and teammate we have in mind is someone who is constantly motivated to interact with people, empathetic, and a passionate advocate of non-violent communication.
- Actively scouting talent for ATÖLYE’s core team and community according to the curiton criteria by utilizing different mediums, attracting potential people that meet our criteria.
- Developing strategies to ensure engagement between the team and the community and proactively reaching out to potential candidates, initiating related activities and event series.
- Being the first contact point of the talent pool created by both proactive search and incoming applications, conducting interviews with candidates and following up on their recruitment and membership journeys.
- Designing and leading effective interventions to increase the number and quality of collaborations among community members.
- Managing the community’s communication channels with an inclusive and original language and tone.
- Actively taking part in the teaming process of the strategic design studio, effectively responding to the varying teaming needs by internalizing the organization strategy.
- Developing online and offline membership models, matching the existing models with new audiences through different value propositions.
- Following up on member payments in coordination with the Accounting practice
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a related domain (talent development, human resources consultancy, culture management etc.), team and community management experience.
- Fluency in English—written and spoken
- Having the ability to bring together and connect people
- Having the ability to see the big picture and strategically respond to varying talent needs
- Following the most recent trends in talent development and community curation
- Proficiency in creating Excel reports
Preferred skills and qualities
- Excellent storytelling and strategic thinking skills
- Experience in project management
- Having an optimistic attitude with the ability to embrace ambiguity
- Strong self-expression and communication skills
- Strong motivation to interact with people on a daily basis to achieve shared goals
- Using Google Suite products for collaborative teamwork and organizing documents
- Experience in digital project management and communication tools such as MailChimp and Asana
- Basic proficiency in visual design software such as Adobe Indesign and Adobe Illustrator
When you apply
Don’t forget to include a cover letter with your CV.
What do we offer?
- Inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance and meal card