ATÖLYE is a 21st-century creative organization with an award-winning Strategic Design Studio nested within a Creative Hub. Based in bomontiada, a historical beer factory, ATÖLYE fosters a fluid talent curation model that consists of a 150-person community. ATÖLYE’s work encompasses all facets of creative consulting including strategy, design, architecture, and technology. It provides these services through a unique modern network of practitioners.
Fueled by the diversity of its community, scarcity of its space, and the permeability of the whole system, ATÖLYE explores a new model for the creative services industry—one that may be called a “membrane organization.” With this system, ATÖLYE is able to offer a wide range of capabilities to its clients, all of which are centered around the core mission of addressing wicked problems and creating a positive impact.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective. kyu is a collective of strategically curated creative businesses whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
About the job—Communications Associate
Navigating in a highly complex world requires impeccable communication skills. At ATÖLYE, we put tremendous effort into the dissemination of information to flow in and out with transparency. Naming ourselves as a “membrane organization” comes with responsibility and placing the weight of knowledge transfer to our core requires top-notch communication skills.
The role of the Communications Associate is to be the agent of the two way flow of information, becoming the inward-looking and outward-facing figure of ATÖLYE and what it stands for—becoming a complete team player, harvesting information and turning it into pieces of a greater puzzle.
Qualities and Experiences
- At least 3 years of experience in communications or a related field
- Native or near-native fluency in English and Turkish
- Ability to create compelling narratives and exciting copy
- Experience using Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
What makes you an ideal candidate:
- You have impeccable attention to detail and perfect grammar skills in English and Turkish. You would make an ideal candidate if you are bilingual in these two languages so you can infuse our communication with language-specific nuances.
- You are an autodidact who is always eager to learn new skills. When faced with a new challenge, you apply your research skills and care to figure it out, although you’re humble enough to ask for help when needed.
- You are practical; although it may offend your artistic sensibilities, you know when perfection is the enemy of good.
- You have experience with project management practices and tools such as Asana, Trello, Basecamp; a basic-level understanding of design software such as Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite. Photography skills are a plus.
- Creating and sharing content on a regular basis on all communication channels (website, newsletter, social media, and more). This includes generating content for the entirety of ATÖLYE’s practices including client projects, events, media communications thought-leadership pieces, community projects, internal initiatives within the team, etc.
- Carrying out the media communication processes (to write, service, and follow-up press releases) for projects, events, and collaborations as well as managing marketing communications and social ads.
When you apply
Don’t forget to include a cover letter and samples of your previous writing in English and Turkish. For this role in particular, we’re especially looking for writing prowess.
What do we offer?
- Inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance and meal card